Behaviour Support Assistant
Salary: Trust Support Staff Grade C (pro-rata £13,742 – 15,408 per annum)
Location: Chatham, Medway, Kent
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Contract: Permanent, term-time only
Closing Date of Position: 20th February 2020
We are the best performing primary school in Medway, ranking well above average progress in all areas. – 2019 Department of Education Primary league table results
“Good in all areas” - Ofsted May 2017
We are seeking to appoint a Behaviour Support Assistant to work with individuals and small groups of students, ensuring that each child has the best possible access to all learning activities and is able to achieve positive behavioural outcomes. The post-holder will be required to take on caseloads of students within year groups/Phases and across the school to provide targeted intervention.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new school and join our Trust. You will work with brand new facilities and grasp the opportunity to influence and shape the vision of our Academy.
What you will get from New Horizons Children’s Academy:
- Happy, well behaved children who are keen learners
- Parents who are supportive of the school
- High expectations for all members of the school community
- Supportive staff within the school and amongst the Trust
- Excellent CPD opportunities especially through the New Horizons Teaching School’s Alliance
- A school that puts children first and at the centre of all policy, practise and decision making
- Discounted gym membership at Thinking Fitness
What you will need to succeed:
- Committed to supporting pupils
- 5 GCSEs including English and Maths at grades A-C or equivalent
- Good standard of education, willingness to undertake professional development training
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational, time management and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
Additional skills and experience:
- First Aid experience would be beneficial – we can offer training
You will be willing to take the opportunity to play a full part in the further development of our school and join us in our aims to make learning irresistible and to provide a nurturing and safe environment for everyone.
New Horizons Children’s Academy opened in September 2014 with only four classes, we have now grown to deliver a fantastic education to over 600 children from the local community and we will be growing until 2020. Our classrooms are brand new and we have many exciting opportunities for teachers who are keen to develop their career.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a large primary academy, benefiting from a large support network and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
Visits to the school are strongly recommended, please contact us to book an appointment.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
New Horizons is committed to safe recruitment procedures. Appointment to a post at the school is subject to:
An enhanced DBS and Barred List check
Accurate disclosure of information on application form
Satisfactory medical report, if applicable
References that are satisfactory to the school