Executive Business Manager
TSAT BAND G, £40,049 – £45,074 FTE
Full time - 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a successful family of schools that work together to improve the life chances of all its children and young people. It makes fulfilment, personal development and support of its staff a priority. Our Trust currently consists of 17 schools, 12 Primary and 5 Secondary, based across the Portsmouth, Medway & Kent areas.
This position will be based in Medway at the Trust Central offices at New Horizons Children’s Academy but will require travel between designated academies.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a successful, diverse and growing Multi Academy-Trust, we are a family of schools who are stronger together. We are now seeking to appoint an Executive Business Manager who will oversee two Secondary schools within Medway and Kent.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and solution focused individual to provide high quality strategic leadership to two of our secondary academies. You will need excellent budgeting and forecasting knowledge, great interpersonal skills and the ability to provide strategic guidance, challenge and support to senior leaders within both academies. You will need to provide the pivotal link between the Academies and the Trust’s Central Services operational teams to ensure the Academies run smoothly and are able to focus on the delivery of a first class education for the students.
The successful applicants would be responsible for the following academies:
• The Rochester Grammar School - An Outstanding school which is consistently ranked amongst the best state schools in the country. RGS is a larger than average selective secondary school
• Goodwin Academy – A vibrant and engaging KS3-5 mixed academy based in the heart of Deal.
We are looking to appoint a candidate who is experienced within the sector and is able to quickly build rapport with stakeholders and gain trust.
Your new role:
• Support the strategic development of each Academy by working alongside Executive Headteachers, Headteachers, Executive Business Managers, HR Manager, IT Manager, Regional Facilities Manager, Recruitment Manager and Deputy CEO, to enable effective decision making and achievement of Academy aims.
• Provide high quality strategic financial planning
• Maintain and monitor the efficient management of the academies’ budgets
• Maintaining an overview of personnel, premises, ICT and health and safety matters
• Act as the principal of finance officer for the academies
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
• The position will require knowledge and experience within Financial Management, HR & Payroll, Leadership & Management, Premises Management, Business Development
• Minimum 1 year experience working with the Education sector
• Working towards or achieved ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA
What we can offer you:
The opportunity to join a growing organisation during an extremely exciting time, with the opportunity for progression as the Trust grows. There may also be opportunities for external contracts through our trading subsidiary Thinking Solutions for Education.
You will be given a Trust laptop and mobile phone upon commencing the position.
Employees who join our Trust can also benefit from a discounted price of £10 per month membership of the TSAT gym, which is conveniently located on site at New Horizon’s Children’s academy in Chatham.
The successful applicant will also have access to the local government pension scheme and an annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
To apply for this position and to find out more about our Trust and Academies, please contact us.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.