Student Finance Assistant – Placement Year
TSAT BAND C, £17,160 – £19,240 FTE
Full time - 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a successful family of schools that work together to improve the life chances of all its children and young people. It makes fulfilment, personal development and support of its staff a priority.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Student Finance Assistant to join the Medway Hub of our Trust’s centralised finance team. You will be part of an excellent team providing finance support to 17 schools in the Trust, located in Medway, Portsmouth and Deal. There will be plenty of training provided and lots of first-hand experience of finance, especially in the world of Education. This role would ideally suit someone who is following a course of study in Finance or Business Management.
If you are a quick learner, have great attention to detail, able to work on your own initiative and looking to broaden your knowledge and experience in finance, we would love to hear from you.
What we can offer you
• Discounted gym membership (Gym located on site)
• Great CPD and exposure to a wide range of finance and business management experiences
• Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
• Annual leave entitlement of 26 days, increasing to 30 after 5 years of service.
• We place value on the health & wellbeing of our staff and have a range of packages in place to support our staff, including a 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Free onsite parking
If you require any further information, please contact us
The full time position operates Monday-Friday, 37 hours per week.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Monday 17th February 2020
Interviews: w/c 24th February 2020
Employment will commence: August 20 (on a casual basis for 1 weeks training), then fixed term contract from 1 Sept 20 – 31 Jul 21.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust * is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.