Pastoral Support Assistant
Salary: TSAT C £17,160 – £19,240 FTE (£14,527 - £16,288 for the hours and weeks stated)
Hours and weeks: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (Term Time Only + 1 week)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date of Position: 20th February 2020
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the Top 10 performing Multi Academy Trusts for KS4 progress
“Holcombe Grammar School deliver an inspiring curriculum” – Ofsted April 2018
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Pastoral Support Assistant who will work alongside the Manager of Student Services. Ideally, candidates should have experience of mentoring and supporting students with special needs in secondary schools.
We are a successful grammar school for students aged 11-18 with a long-standing reputation for being a supportive and caring environment in which to teach and learn. We have seen significant developments in recent years, which have resulted in greatly improved examination results, and much investment in facilities including three new science laboratories and a fully equipped gymnasium installed in 2016. As part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, we aim to guide our students to become successful, well-rounded and confident individuals with the ability to achieve their personal best.
After the school’s 'Good' Ofsted judgement in April 2018, Holcombe Grammar School has continued to make rapid progress towards becoming one of the most successful grammar schools in the South-East. The English department has continued to perform well over the last few years and this post will give the successful candidate opportunities to further develop their teaching and leadership skills as the department takes on new challenges.
What you will need to succeed:
(For full details, please see the attached job description)
• You will work as directed by the Student Services Manager with individual students and groups of students, supporting the monitoring of progress for individuals.
• You will assist in the promotion of high standards of behaviour and conduct within the school and provide support for colleagues through the enactment of school policy and procedure.
• You will be required to supervise students during break/lunchtime etc. You will support colleagues as directed in all aspects of learning, personal development and emotional literacy both within classrooms and in other defined learning environments.
• You will support designated colleagues in the preparation and presentation of learning resources of both an academic and pastoral nature. You will also be required to be fully involved in with all special activities related to the school and to provide support to extended enrichment provision as directed.
• ‘C’ grades or above at GCSE level (or equivalent) in English and Maths
• You may have a degree (ideally in core subjects)
• You may be an aspiring teacher or someone committed to supporting students within the SEN area at Key Stage 3 or 4, or support students specifically with language needs
What you will get from Holcombe Grammar School:
• Work with parents who are supportive of our school values and ethos
• Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
• Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
• A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
• Free parking onsite
• Opportunity to work in a campus of well-appointed buildings centred around the historic Holcombe Manor
• Easy access to M2, M20 and M25
Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in our school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career, then please apply today!
We strongly encourage anyone who may be interested in working at our school to contact Wendy Tanner to book a no-pressure tour of the school and to meet some of our staff. We also encourage any early applications and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we suitable candidate is found.
If this position as a Pastoral Support Assistant at Holcombe Grammar School is not quite right for you, but you would be interested for any other positions within our Trust please contact Wendy Tanner to ensure that you are added to our talent pool and considered for any future positions.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS disclosures at enhanced levels and Children’s Barred List check will be required prior to any offer of employment