Teacher of Mathematics
Start Date: September 2020
TSAT Teacher Scale £26,458 - £41,063 per annum
We are looking to appoint a talented and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics to join Goodwin Academy.
Goodwin Academy is a vibrant and engaging Key Stage 3-5 mixed Academy which is sponsored by the Thinking Schools Academy Trust.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust offers a minimum salary of £26,458 for Newly Qualified Teachers.
Our core aim is to bring out the best in everyone, so that all students achieve the highest standards of which they are capable. Our wish is for every student to have a successful and enjoyable education. We believe it is our responsibility to create an environment where every young person is able to develop and become a confident, well-rounded and motivated individual and to aspire to be the best that they can be.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a qualified and experienced Mathematics Teacher
• Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice
• Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
• Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Mathematics
• Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
• Be able to motivate his/her pupils
• Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
• Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
• Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Mathematics
What we can offer you:
• A newly built school with a stunning teaching environment and state of the art technology
• Excellent gym facilities
• Regular CPD and social events, including Trust CPD days, the Trust Christmas party and regular Trust theatre trips to London
• Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits
As of 1st September 2018, Goodwin Academy has joined The Thinking Schools Academy Trust (TSAT), a family of 16 primary and secondary schools in Kent and Portsmouth which is in the Top 10 Multi-Academy Trusts in the country for KS4 progress (2019). TSAT is a successful trust underpinned by a commitment to transform the life chances of our students, based on our four key values: Child First, Aspire, Challenge, Achieve. The Trust was a runner-up for the TES Employer of the Year award in 2018.
As a result of £25 million investment from the Department of Education, Goodwin Academy moved into its new home in September 2017.
Based on Hamilton Road, the new Academy can accommodate up to 1300 students as the education of Deal’s young people has come under one roof.
What you need to do now:
If you are interested in working in a newly-built school, benefitting from a supportive network of teachers across our large academy and our Trust and you are keen to progress your career and join at the start of a new and exciting time for this academy, then please apply today!
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Goodwin Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.