Curriculum Lead of Design & Technology
Curriculum Leader of Design & Technology
Start Date Sept 2019
Salary T Scale £25,750- £39,964 with a TLR of £4,575
Closing Date 21st April 2019
Interviews Week commencing 29th April 2019
We are looking for a highly motivated experienced Curriculum Leader of Design & Technology to join our growing team from September 2019
We became a co-educational establishment from September 2017. Our aim is to transform the life chances of our pupils through our motto of ‘Aspire and Achieve’.
The good behaviour of our students, and collegiate atmosphere amongst staff, makes the Academy a wonderful place to work. We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, an expanding family of primary and secondary schools within the Portsmouth area and have recently achieved fully accredited Thinking School status from the University of Exeter.
What we can offer you:
- An excellent environment for learning and teaching.
- The Portsmouth Academy has undergone major refurbishment and a further building phase will commence in 2019 including a state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art music and drama.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to receive the Wellbeing award at the recent Teach Portsmouth Awards. Our Wellbeing strategy consists of regular opportunities to participate in on site activities such as Pilates, Ceramics and Football each week.
- Progress is significantly above the national average in a range of subjects.
- Teachers are provided with above 10% PPA and they are designated allocated marking time.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- The Academy operates a very clear behaviour structure and pupil’s conduct in lessons and around the school is excellent. – Ofsted 2017
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We work closely with The Portsmouth Education Partnership, Teach Portsmouth and Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance.
- The Trust holds regular CPD events.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Onsite parking free of charge
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified an experienced Design & Technology Teacher any discipline would be considered but multi-disciplined would be preferable
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Design & Technology
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Design & Technology
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed, please contact Sue Wood Executive PA on 02392 812822 to arrange.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.