Teacher of French & Spanish
Teacher of French and Spanish (Suitable for NQT’s)
Start Date: Sept 2019
Closing Date Monday 29th April 2019
Interview Date Week Commencing 6th May 2019
Ofsted April 2017 – The Portsmouth Academy is a GOOD school with OUTSTANDING leadership and management.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the top 10 Multi- Academy Trusts for KS4 progress.
We are currently recruiting for an exceptional Teacher of French and Spanish to join a team of committed professionals with an outstanding track record in student progression in languages
The successful candidate will have a fluency in French to teach up to KS4 and will demonstrate a strong passion and commitment to the teaching of languages. The ability to teach a second language – Spanish up to KS3- is also required. This post is suitable for an NQT. You will be supported by a highly experience Lead Teacher and mentor.
We became a co-educational establishment from September 2017. Our aim is to transform the life chances of our pupils through our motto of ‘Aspire and Achieve’.
The good behaviour of our students, and collegiate atmosphere amongst staff, makes the Academy a wonderful place to work. We are part of the Thinking Schools Academy Trust, an expanding family of primary and secondary schools within the Portsmouth area and have recently achieved fully accredited Thinking School status from the University of Exeter.
View our latest video to gain an insight into The Portsmouth Academy and The Thinking Schools Academy Trust
What we can offer you:
- An excellent environment for learning and teaching. The Portsmouth Academy has undergone major refurbishment and a further building phase will commence in 2019 including a state of the art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art music and drama.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to receive the Wellbeing award at the recent Teach Portsmouth Awards. Our Wellbeing strategy consists of regular opportunities to participate in on site activities such as Pilates, Ceramics and Football each week.
- Progress is significantly above the national average in a range of subjects.
- Teachers are provided with above 10% PPA and they are designated allocated marking time.
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- A full induction programme which supports new staff to seamlessly integrate into life at TPA.
- The Academy operates a very clear behaviour structure and pupil’s conduct in lessons and around the school is excellent. – Ofsted 2017
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding practice through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth,The Portsmouth Education Partnershipand Portsmouth Teaching Schools Alliance
- The Trust holds regular CPD events.
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas.
- Onsite parking free of charge.
What you will need to succeed:
- Be a qualified French Teacher
- Be able to teach Spanish up to KS3
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to French and Spanish
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching French
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found.
If you would like to visit the Academy please contact Sue Wood Executive PA on 02392 812822.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.